2015 Homecoming Court and the Four Pillars of Kelly Walsh

Homecoming Court 2015 from left to right: Jeremy Miller, Trey Jennings, Dalton Blasé, Grant Murphy, John Bintner, Ellie Rone, Shanel Snider, Crissa Jennings, Allyn Harris, Mackenzie Kirkendall

Crissa Jennings, Staff Writer

Kelly Walsh High School is built on four pillars of excellence; which are athletics, activities, academics and acceptance. Each day at KW these pillars are showcased through each student, but as last weeks spirit filled days came to an end with the assembly and last home football game on Friday, the Trojans representation of the pillars shined brighter than ever before. As this year’s group of seniors on the homecoming royalty court exemplified each quality of the pillars in their own unique and diverse way.

On both ladies and gentleman’s side of the court all of the attendants represented Kelly Walsh by participating in many different athletics, and activities while also showing strong academic drive. Mackenzie Kirkendall, the fourth attendant to the queen has been a varsity dancer from her freshman year to her senior year, while Jeremy Miller the fourth attendant to the king is a captian of the hockey team here in Casper.

“I think everyone who was on the homecoming court was great. They all deserved to be there; Kelly Walsh is a truly diverse school that cares about each of its students. My favorite part of homecoming week was that John was crowned king, he’s the man!” said Miller

Allyn Harris is a varsity tennis player and a diligent member of the choir and drama departments. Trey Jennings is a varsity football player, and also a state placing runner and pole-vaulter for the indoor and outdoor track team. Both of these Trojans were crowned third attendant.

The second attendant to the queen, Crissa Jennings is a jumper on the indoor and outdoor track team at Kelly Walsh, and is an active member of Student Council. Also a part of Student Council is Dalton Blasé who is Student Body Vice President, and was crowned second attendant to the king.

Shanel Snider, a member of the varsity cheerleading team at KW and also a member of the Student Council was crowned first attendant on the homecoming court, along side her was Grant Murphy who plays varsity football, basketball and golf, while being a member of both Student Council and FCA.

Kelly Walsh’s homecoming king is John Bintner who participates in indoor and outdoor track, and is one of the most prideful Trojans Kelly Walsh has had. Homecoming queen Ellie Rone has been a varsity soccer player since her freshman year, and is this year’s Senior Class President.

“It was so surreal being on the Homecoming Court this year, it was an honor to be a part of the group of girls who were on the court. Each one of them leads by example of what a Trojan should be,” said Rone

Kelly Walsh’s Homecoming Royalty for 2015 is just one of many examples of how Kelly Walsh encourages diversity and acceptance of all. The four pillars of academics, athletics, activities and acceptance are at the very foundation of this school’s philosophy, and this year’s court exemplified the pillars well. Each student shows that it doesn’t matter which of the pillars defines them because each person’s pride and spirit make Kelly Walsh the great place that it is.