In Loving Memory of Aurora Rohrer

Brianna Rohrer, Staff Writer

Aurora L. Rohrer, 16 of Casper, passed away Saturday, February 4, 2017 at Wyoming Medical Center. She was born on October 29, 2000, in Denver, Colorado to Deana Laird and Brian Rohrer. When she was very young the family moved to Casper and she attended Verda James Elementary School, Centennial Junior High School, and Kelly Walsh High School. Aurora was a member of the Kelly Walsh Dance Team and extremely dedicated to her 5:30 AM daily dance practice. Initially, it took a great deal of courage for Aurora to try out for the dance team, as she was just beginning to learn to dance. After a great deal of contemplating whether she would try out, she said, “I’m going to be afraid of a lot of things I want to do in life, but I’m not going to miss out on those things because I am afraid.” Just before Aurora’s passing, her coach informed her family that she had earned a spot to dance at State this year. Her dedication and hard work allowed her to achieve this milestone.

Aurora was genuine and selfless; always looking out for the needs of others. Despite being sweet and kind, she was also direct and would tell you exactly what was on her mind. Her beauty on the outside was stunning; however, her inside self was exquisite. She had an ability to know just what to say to lighten the mood in the room. She loved to talk and laugh, and was known to describe every last detail of her day; not stopping until everyone was in tears, laughing from how she saw life.

Aurora loved to write, was an exceptional student, and had aspirations of being a journalist. She had a bright mind and a keen talent for figuring out how to make things work. Aurora had a hilarious sense of humor and loved to be goofy, of which she will be so fondly remembered for. Aurora loved her family and was extremely close to her sister, who is a year older. There wasn’t anything the two of them would not share. They were inseparable. Even though she was young, she had a sense of emotion and understanding beyond her years. She valued her friends and the time she would spend with them; capturing moments daily that will never be forgotten. Aurora made several trips to Hawaii and grew to love the islands. Aurora planned to live there when she was older. She enjoyed the ocean, zip lining, hiking, and eating shaved ice in the sun. She would try anything once and always had an open mind to people and new experiences. She had a radiant personality which automatically brought people together. Aurora had the rare quality of not taking herself or life too seriously. She naturally could put things into perspective and did not dwell on mistakes. Somehow she knew exactly what to do. Aurora was adventurous and never shied away from challenges, but remained cautious at the same time; a perfect mix of being smart and having fun. Aurora was truly one of a kind and will be greatly missed by many. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Kelly Walsh Dance Team or the Aurora Rohrer memorial fund at Hilltop Bank.

Aurora was preceded in death by her grandfathers, Louis LeRoy Rohrer and George Wayne Jugler. She is Survived by her Mother, Deana (Damon) Laird of Casper, WY; father, Brian (Deanna) Rohrer of Sheridan, WY; brother, Uriah Louis Rohrer of Sheridan, WY; sister, Brianna Renee Rohrer of Casper, WY; grandmothers, Starla Rohrer of Grand Junction, CO and Patricia Jugler of Casper, WY; numerous aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.