The student news site of Kelly Walsh High School

Kelly Kall

Christmas Advice for NEXT Christmas

Jerk Moves to Avoid

Crissa Jennings, Staff Writer

For most, the holiday season is the most wonderful time of year filled with joy, cheer and endless Christmas spirit. However, there are major holiday no-no’s that must be put to an end this Christmas season.

Number one; the person who spends Christmas Day with their friends, or significant others family rather than their own. DO NOT BE THIS PERSON. Even though holidays with the family can be overwhelming and stressful, that’s how it’s supposed to be, embrace the chaos. These are the people who love you the most.

Number two; participating in the horrible habit of saving Christmas shopping until the day of. This makes you the worst for two reasons, the gift receiver gets last of the unpicked, unwanted, and crummy items left over on the shelf, and more importantly the employees are required to stay and help you rather than attending to the holiday plans they have for themselves. Be considerate.

Number three; fighting over an item in the store, this is a prime example of how people have turned Christmas into a materialistic holiday, just like Mrs. Krank and the ham in the end no is happy… its ridiculous.

Number four; showing immediate disappoint once you open a present from someone. There are many reasons why this is so rude, but just to summarize put your self in their shoes and consider the following; this may be the only thing they can afford to get you, they might think it’s a super awesome present and take pride in it, or it might be the gift they think you deserve so if it sucks then you must too.

Number five; a follow up on the last jerk move is returning the gifts you receive. Although it may not be apparent to you, there is a reason your generous person got you this gift and unless you want to carry out the tradition of greedy and unappreciative moves, accept the gift with grace.

Number six; telling people Santa isn’t real… He is. So just give it up.

Number seven; although you shouldn’t spend Christmas Day with your significant other, you should most definitely avoid breaking things off with them during holiday season. There is nothing worse than trying to be jolly, while also enduring heartbreak.

Number eight; commenting on an ugly sweater/ festive outfit that wasn’t intended to be ugly. Have you ever asked a woman if she is having a boy or girl, and then turns out she isn’t pregnant at all? Same effect with the sweater, ugly or not its magnificent; so if you do comment on it let that fact be known.

Number nine; driving by or laughing at someone whose car is stuck in the snow without helping them. This is one of the most embarrassing things to experience on your own, let alone when you have an unsympathetic audience.

Number ten; being a bah humbug, Christmas hating, Scrooge. I can’t express how much this kills the wonderful spirit that is all around during the holidays, take it all in positively and look on the bright side, ya fifthly animal.