Golf Wraps Up the Fall Season

Junior Cam Carter drives the a ball in the Tin Cup. The rivalry match against NC was held in mid-September at the Country Club. The KW boys and the NC girls won their duels.

Brendan Saunders, Staff Writer

With the season ending in late September, yet another KW golf season ends for both the boys and girls teams. A lot of positives came from the season as a whole including the boys taking home another Tin Cup and a valiant effort from the girls side. Jocelyn Olson was awarded (10th) all state as a freshman and the only Kelly Walsh girl to be all state this year, which gives her confidence for next year.

“It felt pretty good, Olson said I worked really hard for it and it was nice to see my hard work pay off.”

But that doesn’t mean that she is done trying to get better next year. “I plan on spending this off-season to improve my game, that means spending more time on the course and strive to achieve a higher title.”

The lady Trojans finished 5th in state, which unfortunately is not how they pictured their season going. But they have a lot of young talent that they hope keeps growing into the next seasons. The boys had one person make all-state; Cam Carter, a junior, placed 8th overall. The boys placed 3rd in state overall, but the biggest moment this year for Cam Carter was winning the Tin Cup.

“It had to be winning the Tin Cup, Carter said because I had the final point that put us on top.”

He still feels that they had a lot of positives of this season though saying, “It was a positive year for the team and for me after having to stop playing football.” Cam was forced to quit playing football this past year after suffering one too many concussions. Carter has put his talents to golf now and hopes to lead the Trojans to a state championship for his senior year.