Best Restaurants in Town

Maddy Rust, Staff Writer

Casper may not seem like it has a plethora of restaurants, but believe it or not, there are American, Asian, Italian, and Mexican restaurants here in town. Casper also has a few pubs, bakeries, steakhouses, ice cream shops, and delis.

According to Trip Advisor, Sherrie’s Place is the best restaurant in Casper for 2018. The second best restaurant is Eggington’s and third is Fire Rock Steakhouse and Grill.

Yelp says that The Arepa Barn is the best restaurant in Casper. Yelp also has Fire Rock as the second best and Raaca’s as the third.

Caige McComb, a senior, said his favorite restaurant is Old Chicago because “the food is good and it’s a cool place to go with the boys. I get the Crafted Beer Burger because it is full of cheesy goodness.”

Old Chicago has been a restaurant for forty years and originated in Boulder, Colorado. Now Old Chicago has over 100 locations.

Another senior, Mariah Hartgrave, said that her favorite restaurant is Old Chicago because “they have half priced appetizers during happy hour and its open pretty late. I love the buffalo chicken rolls!”

Old Chicago is also a popular hang out spot for many teenagers after major sporting events.

Zoe Neville, a sophomore, said her favorite restaurant is J’s Pub “I get the nachos and a side of fries, because their fries are the best.” J’s Pub is one of the five Johnson Restaurant Group restaurants in town.

Caleb Parker, a senior, said that J’s Pub is his favorite restaurant because “their Bison Burger is by far the best burger I have ever had.”

Dominic Gray, a freshman, said that his favorite restaurant is Texas Roadhouse because “all of the people that work there are very friendly and they have great food. I really like the bread they give you when you sit down. You also get free dessert on your birthday which is super cool!” The first Texas Roadhouse opened in 1993, in Clarksville, Indiana.

Casper may not have a huge selection of restaurants as a major city like Denver or New York would, but it still has a restaurant for everyone. For breakfast and lunch, Trip Advisor recommends Sherrie’s Place, Eggington’s, and Johnny J’s. For dinner, Fire Rock, Silver Fox, and J’s Pub are recommended. Whether you are in a time crunch and need a quick bite or you have plenty of time to sit down and enjoy a meal, Casper has a place for you.