Kelly Kall

Spring Break

Madison Czellecz, Staff Writer

Coming back to school from Spring break is always a sad moment in the school year. But one upside is knowing you don’t have that long until you graduate or until your last day of school. Spring Break is known to be wild, rowdy, and a week of pure partying. But is that what it really is? To many people Spring bBreak is a time to get away from school and everything about it. Some people may pick up extra shifts at work, some go out of town to surrounding states or even out the country, and others may just like to stay home and chill out.

“Spring break to me is a time to realize that summer is so close but is also a time to catch up on my sleep,” said Taylor Trujillo, a senior. I think many of us students sleep in and catch up on our sleep during the  And then when we come back to school and aren’t sleeping in till 10 or 11 o’clock it is hard.

This past Spring Break Kelly Walsh’s choir and art program went to Austria. Since last May the two programs were fundraising individually to get to their goal that way they had more money to spend there.

“ We flew into Germany and drove to Austria, we spent three days in Salzburg and three in Vienna,” said Matt Forsell, a junior. Their days were filled with tours, performances, exploring the cities, and eating the most amazing food.

“It was such an eye opening experience for all of us students and parents who went. Seeing such a different culture than the U.S. made me appreciate it all more,” said Forsell. They spent almost a week traveling and seeing differents countries.

“This was the most enjoyable Spring break I went on because I just learned so much and got to make new memories with amazing people,” said Kendyll Castillo.

Spring break is a short glimpse of summer and nice weather, hopefully. Besides winter break it is the only real “break” we get from school that way we don’t get burnt out. But some of us get “burnt” and some of us find ways to spend our time wise or not so wise. Spring Break 2018 was one for the books for some students and one they really couldn’t care about.