Winter Break Festivities

Ashlyn Peverly, Staff Writer

Baby, It’s Cold Outside… Now that December is here and there some snow on the ground in Casper, Wyoming, the countdown to winter break is on. Only one more week, and everyone is buzzing about their holiday plans. Whether someone is going to a tropical location with their feet in the sand or staying here with their feet in snowboots, building snowmen, everyone can agree that two weeks off from school is much needed.

“I’ll be driving with my family to California the day after Christmas to be with my mom’s side of the family. It’s nice to have a white Christmas and then be in the warm weather too. I plan on going to the beach a lot,” said senior Taylor Trujillo when asked about her plans for the break.

Although there are many students like Taylor going somewhere, there are also students like Abree Hill, a senior, staying in Casper, Wyoming.

“During break, I love spending time with my friends and family. I find ways to enjoy this time off by doing things such as sledding, building snowmen, watching movies, baking cookies, and going to see the lights downtown.”

If someone feels stuck in Casper during their winter break with nothing to do, remember this list of fun activities, pick one, such as sledding, and spend the day doing it. It can seem lame to be home in the snow for break when really, there are great ways to spend it as long as someone is trying to be productive.

“There is a really big hill behind my house that I normally use, but the mountain is also dope. Basically any sledding makes for a happy life,” Michaela Gromer, a senior, said.

Casper is also fortunate enough to have a ski and snowboard area on the mountain. Hogadon is about a 20 minute drive where kids and adults of all ages spend their days going down over a choice of 27 runs.

“Skiing is a great way to start the winter season, it’s fun and really active,” Taylor Maese, a senior, said about the winter sport. “I ski for the school, too, and practices are always a great time.”

Winter break is a great opportunity to spend with friends and family. From the sounds of it, these people know how to get out and enjoy the snow, or snuggle up on the couch with a blanket and enjoy the warmth while watching Christmas movies. Remember, break is for enjoying the time off from school, do not waste it sitting around being nothing but lazy. Be safe and have fun!