Trojan Football Playoff Push

During the Oil Bowl in early October, senior Sam Marsh races toward the end zone. The Trojans won an important game against the Mustangs that will take part in deciding where the Trojans will be seeded for state.

Hunter Wright, Staff Writer

The playoff push is in full swing and all the teams are fighting for a position. Including the Trojans who play this Friday night at Cheyenne Central for a crucial game.

It’s mid October and football is in the most crucial stage of the games. And we have no lack of craziness going on in the state. The Kelly Walsh Trojans who are in prime position to make a great push are hoping to get a victory against Laramie on Friday night.

The Trojans are currently tied for 7th place spot but have a chance to take as far as 4th place in the state with the following games to come. They travel to Cheyenne this Friday night to battle the Central High Indians who are currently fighting for a chance to play in the playoffs.

The Indians are currently 1-7 and with 2 more wins they can make it to state. But standing in their way are the Kelly Walsh Trojans who are 3-4. This game has bug stakes for both teams as a win for the Indians can keep the playoff hope alive. And the Trojans who can move further up the rankings and play in a playoff game at home this year.

This game has big game potential and you will have to look no further than that for a classic high school football game.

The Indians who have solid defensive stands as far as pass defense goes averaging the second best pass defense in the state with only averaging 74.6 yards a game. The first place team is none other than their opponent Kelly Walsh who has the best pass defense in the state averaging 74.3 yards a game. The margins are close and both teams with rely on their defense to win the game as both offenses are towards the bottom in average yards with Central 10th and the Trojans 7th.

“We have to come out on defense and offense and play well on both sides of the ball and we should come back with a win” said senior linebacker and fullback Ben Gallagher.

“The game is big time and we have to prove we can win on the road with the playoffs on the line” said Gallagher. And Friday night we will have to see, in a game where a ton is on the line and the stakes are high. There will be tons of excitement.