Conditioning Ed: Not just for athletes

Joey Geil, Trey Jennings and Joel Strube work with weights during their conditioning ed. class. Though all three are KW athletes, the class is not just for athletes. Anyone who wants to take a more rigorous P.E. class to get in shape is welcome to take the class.

Brendan Saunders, Staff Writer

Entering the underground gym at Kelly Walsh High School, immediately a whiff of sweat enters the air and groans of students lifting weights fill the gym with echoes. Conditioning Ed is a gym class that is offered to students in every grade at KW. Many students think that the class is just for athletes, but the truth of the matter is that anyone who wishes to stay in shape or get stronger can take it.

Gabe Cisneros, a senior, is a firm believer that you don’t need to be an athlete to participate in the class. Cisneros takes the class, but doesn’t play a sport.

“Conditioning forces me to actually do my lifts and the teacher pushes me so I don’t get lazy. I think anyone can take it because no matter, what the class will make you better,” said Cisneros.

Nick Steele, a senior, has been in conditioning since his freshman year. Steele believes that the workouts in the class improve his overall performance. “If you try hard then the results will show,” said Steele.

Even though Steele plays football he knows the class isn’t exclusively for athletes either. “If you wanna workout then it’s not just for athletes, but I think all athletes should take it too,” said Steele.